Jurisdiction J MAC Part A Workload January 2018 Transition to Palmetto, GBA
Keeping Jurisdiction J (JJ) Providers Informed
In just nineteen days, on January 29, 2018, the Jurisdiction J Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) contract will transition from Cahaba, GBA to Palmetto GBA for the Part A workload in AL, GA and TN. The transition for the Part B workload will occur on February 26, 2018. With that in mind, this article provides you with some last minute updates posted to the JJ Transition Hub.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you visit the Transition Hub several new FAQs were posted on December 28, 2017. However, upon further review, it appears that Palmetto, GBA has simply pulled out each FAQ from the seventeen page pdf document titled Jurisdiction J (JJ) Transition Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Updated December 14, 2017 found at the bottom of this webpage making it easier to find answers to specific questions.
Medical Policies/Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs)
Outreach and Education
Monthly Jurisdiction J Transition Teleconferences
There is one remaining Jurisdiction J Transition Teleconference scheduled during the transition. No registration is required to attend these monthly teleconferences.
February 6, 2018
11:00 AM EST to 12:00PM EST
Participant Toll-Free Dial-In Number: (877)789-3907
Conference ID: 92040243
Jurisdiction J (JJ) Transition Workshop Handout
Palmetto, GBA spent time in Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee providing in person workshops. For those that were unable to attend a session, the Workshop Handout was posted to Palmetto’s Outreach and Education webpage on November 17, 2017.
New Payer Numbers
With the transition each state has been assigned a New Contractor/Payer number by state.
|Workload Segment||Cutover Date||State||New Contractor/Payer Number|
|JJ Part A AL, GA, TN||January 29, 2018||Alabama||10111|
|JJ Part B AL, GA, TN||February 26, 2018||Alabama||10112|
Additional Resources on the JJ Transition Hub
The JJ Transition Hub also contains information about the following:
- EDI where Palmetto reminds Providers that an important part of the transition is the migration of EDI activity to their EDI gateway, GPNet.
- eServices which is Palmetto’s free Internet-based, provider self-service portal.
- General Information is just that, general information ranging from the JJ Welcome Letter that was sent to Providers last October to a notice of the JJ Transition Hotline being closed for the Christmas Holiday.
- MolDX where a welcome notice for Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee is available.
What Providers Need to Do
MMP continues to encourage you to do the following to stay informed about the JJ A/B MAC Transition:
- Register for listserv email updates from Palmetto GBA. To register simply select listserv at the top of the Palmetto's Transition Website
- Visit Palmetto’s website for Medicare program information and updates as it continually being updated.
- Read the MMP Wednesday@One newsletter for future information about Palmetto and the Jurisdiction J transition.
Article by Beth Cobb
This material was compiled to share information. MMP, Inc. is not offering legal advice. Every reasonable effort has been taken to ensure the information is accurate and useful.