ICD-10-CM/PCS Transition for Coding Clinic
Below is the transition timeline for Coding Clinic:
- Coding Clinic Editorial Advisory Board (EAB) meets for the last time to discuss ICD-9 questions.
OCT. - DEC. 2013
- ICD-9 questions will be answered by AHA staff by using existing advice and previously approved EAB decisions.
FIRST QTR. 2014
- Coding Clinic will publish the last issue for ICD-9, while simultaneoulsy issuing the first Coding Clinic for ICD-10.
OCTOBER 1, 2014
- Start date for ICD-10-CM/PCS.
- No ICD-9 codes will be accepted.
- We would like remind everyone that there are no plans to convert the previous Coding Clinics into ICD-10.
- The first questions for ICD-10 were published in Coding Clinic 4th Quarter 2012 using the same process as for ICD-9 questions.
- Questions may now be submitted on-line at www.CodingClinicAdvisor.com
- No need to fax or mail when submitting on-line
Article by Anita Meyers